Mile Jedinak is the latest Crystal Palace player to praise new boss Tony Pulis for the immediate impact he has made on the club.
Palace looked destined for the drop under Ian Holloway but Pulis has taken charge and following two wins in three games, all of a sudden there is a real belief the Eagles can get out of trouble.
“The gaffer has come in, nailed down a few things he wanted and the boys have responded really well,” Jedinak told BBC London 94.9.
“It is new and we are still learning from him. As long as we keep showing that same attitude towards each other and the gaffer it is very encouraging.”
Swansea assistant manager Morten Wieghorst says there can be no room for complacency against Hull this evening.
Wieghorst admits he has been impressed by how well Hull have adapted to life in the Premier League, as they sit just a point behind Swansea in the table, and the Dane insists there is no chance of the Swans taking the Tigers lightly.
“They've definitely surprised me a little bit,” he said. “The points they've collected so far, for a promoted team is very good.
“I watched bits of their game against Liverpool, and they performed well and deserved the win so they can't be taken lightly.
“Not so long ago Swansea were the newcomers in the Premier League, Hull have put up some great performances and picked up points so we should know what it's all about.”
Aaron Hughes has called on Fulham's squad to accept their role in Martin Jol's sacking and thinks Dimitar Berbatov can prove his worth.
Hughes wants the players to shoulder some of the burden for Jol's exit, but felt that there was an improvement in some aspects of their play in the 2-1 home defeat to Tottenham on Wednesday.
He said: “When results are not good everyone looks at the manager but the players have to take responsibility as well.
“It is very easy to point fingers and blame others but we wanted to stick together and show we are still there fighting.
“With the performance we put in, we might have been unlucky not to get something. We wanted to make sure we had a performance with a lot of energy
“That is what has been disappointing over the last few games, sometimes the energy levels were not there.
“It took two good strikes to undo us. We are disappointed we have not got anything but there are obviously a lot of positives to be taken from the game.”
Hughes admits the club must do all they can to retain Berbatov despite the Bulgaria striker's agent confirming that he is “not happy” at Fulham and will seek a transfer in the January window.
Hughes said: “He is a vital player for us. You have seen in his performance (against Spurs) the role and the contribution he has in our team.
“We need all of our players performing at the highest levels they can.
“Those performances are brilliant for us, not only on the ball, but his work rate and not making it easy for their midfielders.
“He played a big part in the performances last night.”
Southampton scouted a French Ligue 1 match between Stade Rennais and Saint Etienne on Wednesday but their target was not obvious.
Saints have been rewarded for some good scouting in France in the past with Morgan Schneiderlin arriving from Strasbourg in 2006 and Dejan Lovren snapped up from Lyon only last summer.
Boss Mauricio Pochettino had declared himself happy with his squad and the policy of promoting talented youth from the Under-21s recently, but injuries have now hit the club hard.
Despite those mounting problems, Pochettino is not thinking about addressing the squad depth when the January transfer window opens.
“We need to be relaxed,” the Argentinian said. “The most important thing in football is to be relaxed.
“We need to analyse deeply the situation and we will decide in January, when we can actually make the decisions. Right now we cannot.
“The most important thing is to recover my players, to recover the situation and we need to recover from this defeat mentally.
“We need to think about to Saturday's game and have to think 100 per cent positively about the City game.”
Stade Rennais beat St Etienne 3-1 in the match in which Southampton were represented alongside scouts from Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton.
Manchester United are hoping to capture Andres Iniesta with the midfielder reportedly becoming frustrated with life at Barcelona.
Iniesta is under contract at the Nou Camp until 2015 but is reported to be weighing up his options, and the chance to play in the Premier League is said to be one of them.
Reds boss David Moyes had been chasing Barca star Cesc Fabregas throughout the summer, but after a deal failed to happen, he could be ready to turn his attentions to landing his team-mate Iniesta.
Marco Reus is also high on Moyes' wanted list and it is clear the Scot is keen to bolster his midfield as doubts also surround the future of Shinji Kagawa at Old Trafford.
Liverpool are reported to be keeping tabs on young Wigan goalkeeper Lee Nicholls as cover for Simon Mignolet.
The 21-year-old has impressed since breaking into the Wigan side and Latics boss Owen Coyle has already predicted that the youngster has a very bright future in the game.
Brendan Rodgers has sent scouts to watch Nicholls in action and although he dropped a clanger against Zulte Waragem in midweek, the reports back have been favourable.
Brad Jones currently acts as back up to Mignolet, but Rodgers is keen to draft in a youngster who he can groom to one day become number one at Anfield, and Nicholls could be that man.
Stoke chairman Peter Coates says the Potters have no intention of selling their best players in the January transfer window.
Asmir Begovic continues to be linked with a move to Manchester City but Coates is determined to keep hold and is unaware of the latest speculation linking the keeper with a move to the Etihad Stadium.
Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini played down reports suggesting he was lining up a January swoop for Begovic, and now Coates has done the same.
“We're not looking to sell our best players – but this is news to me,” he said of the link to City. “We have a new manager and this is a very important season for us.”
There is a good chance Begovic could move at the end of the season, but for now the Potters are determined to keep hold.
Hull are continuing to keep an eye on Shane Long's contract situation at West Brom as they weigh up a January move.
Hull boss Steve Bruce failed with a last-ditch bid to sign Long during the summer after the Baggies pulled the plug at the last minute, but he looks sure to try again in January.
West Brom have always insisted Long is in their plans, but they have yet to tie him down to the new contract he is after and while that remains the case, Bruce will hold out hope of doing a deal.
Long would prefer to concentrate on his football and says there are no developments to report.
“I tell my agent not to get in touch with me unless there is something concrete,” Long said of the situation. “I let him do his job and he lets me concentrate on my football.
“There are no developments yet. There are enough things to worry about on the pitch without worrying about things off it.”
Steve Clarke wants his West Brom side to use their frustration from the Chelsea game to secure three points against Aston Villa.
The Baggies chief was left furious when referee Andre Marriner awarded Chelsea a controversial last-minute spot-kick to earn Jose Mourinho's Blues a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge just before the international break a fortnight ago.
Clarke is still annoyed about the decision which denied his side an historic victory, while he has urged his players to use their disappointment and turn it into a positive when Midlands rivals Villa arrive for Monday night's derby tussle at the Hawthorns.
He told the club's website: “If we can use the frustration to kick on and get the points against Villa then fine.
“But the players are all experienced enough to know that you can't dwell on the previous game, you have to look forward to the next one.
“Chelsea's gone and we have to move on. The next game isn't a small game either – it's massive.
“It's a big game, we're looking forward to it.
“It's just a shame we didn't have a game quickly after; we've had to sit on it for more than two weeks.”
Matthew Lowton has admitted that he only has himself to blame for his dip in form which has seen him drop out of the Aston Villa side.
The 24-year-old versatile defender, who joined Villa from Sheffield United for around £3million in summer 2012, was billed as a star of the future and a potential England international following his impressive debut Premier League campaign at Villa Park.
However, Lowton has failed to replicate his form in this current campaign which has resulted in him being on the fringes of Paul Lambert's first-team plans.
As a result he is happy to accept that he needs to step up his game if he is going to become a regular in the Villa side once again and is not looking for any excuses over his present form.
He said: “It's my own fault. I'm not trying to say I was dreadful, but the standards I set were high, which I was pleased about.
“I've been at fault for a few goals this season and it's not good enough.”